Sadly, summer is nearing its end. It’s almost time to put down those “beachy” reads and pick up something with a little more substance, perhaps something that will help boost your career and further your efforts to become the best in the business. Here are some sales books we think you might enjoy:
1. Cracking the Sales Management Code: The Secrets to Measuring and Managing Sales Performance by Jason Jordan with Michelle Vazzana
Why we love it: In this thought-provoking guide, Jordan challenges traditional methodology and illustrates how to drive better results by focusing on the fundamental sales process and measuring metrics that matter.
2. Selling with Noble Purpose: How to Drive Revenue and Do Work That Makes You Proud by Lisa Earle McLeod
Why we love it: McLeod believes that a purpose-driven sales force will always be more successful than a profit-driven one, and she drives down to the heart of this process and provides specific examples to help guide you.
3. The Definitive Book of Body Language by Allan and Barbara Pease
Why we love it: Written by the world’s foremost expert on body language, this book delves into the importance of reading body language in business settings.
4. Little Red Book of Selling by Jeffrey Gitomer
Why we love it: Full of witty cartoons, mantras and memorable quotes and takeaways, this book is a quick and amusing read that manages to entertain while it teaches.
5. Selling to Big Companies by Jill Konrath
Why we love it: Konrath arms you to the teeth for selling to big companies with her surefire strategies and insightful pointers and techniques. She’s garnered a lot of praise from industry insiders for this book and is considered a thought leader on the subject.
6. The Accidental Sales Manager by Chris Lytle
Why we love it: Being a top salesperson doesn’t always translate into being a great manager. This book delivers valuable insight on what it takes to make the transition and lead with confidence.
7. How to Win Friends and Influence People by Dale Carnegie
Why we love it: It’s a classic! Chances are you have already read it. Carnegie’s words have influenced people since this book was first published in 1937.
8. Secrets of Closing the Sale by Zig Ziglar
Why we love it: Our list wouldn’t be complete without at least one title from Mr. Ziglar, beloved motivational speaker and sales trainer extraordinaire.
9. What Great Salespeople Do: The Science of Selling Through Emotional Connection and the Power of Story by Michael Bosworth and Ben Zoldan
Why we love it: This thoughtful book humanizes the sales process and reveals how to boost sales by using the power of storytelling and active listening.
10. Delivering Happiness: A Path to Profits, Passion, and Purpose by Tony Hsieh
Why we love it: Written by the CEO of Zappos, the online retailer pulling in more than $1 billion annually, this best-seller rallies around placing value and emphasis on the corporate culture.
We hope you enjoy these titles as much as we do. Contact the well-read professionals at FRONTLINE Selling today to learn about our passion for prospecting – and getting first appointments with the RIGHT people. Remember, before you can get that sale, you’ve got to have that first conversation.
Image via Shutterstock.com