Prospects require nurturing, which is occasionally over an extended period. By nurturing your prospects instead of hunting them, you can develop the perfect campaign to sell more. Here’s how:
Leave the Perfect Voicemail
- Address the prospect by name.
- State your full name and company.
- If you were referred, identify who referred you.
- Explain the specific reason you’re calling.
- Specify the action you want the prospect to take.
- State the best way to contact you.
It sounds like this: “Hello, , this is from . suggested I reach out to you. The reason I’m calling is to set up a 30-minute phone call with you to discuss . Please let me know if you’re available at or to speak with me. Again, this is from , and you can reach me at . I look forward to speaking with you soon.”
Ask the Administrative Assistant (“Tour Guide”) for Help
- Identify yourself and your company.
- Name the person who referred you, if applicable.
- Ask for help.
- State the action you want.
- Ask how that action can be accomplished.
It sounds like this: “This is from . With whom am I speaking? …Hello Susan, is Jack Smith available? …Oh, I’m sorry to hear he’s busy. Could I ask for your help, Susan? I’m hoping to set up a 30-minute phone call with Jack to discuss . How would you suggest I go about doing that?”
Ask Prospects for Their Email Addresses
- Do a Google search for *@domainname.com to discover the email structure.
- Give a reason the “tour guide” should say yes.
- Use an assumptive approach.
- Respect admin participation.
It sounds like this: “Susan, I have some information I can send Jack at so he can review the topics I hope to discuss. Is that the correct email address? I can also forward the information to you at , if you would find that helpful.
It’s easy to sell more with the perfect campaign. Contact FRONTLINE Selling to learn more.
Image via Shutterstock.com